Globalization Partners provides employer of record services for customers that want to hire employees and run payroll without first establishing a branch office or subsidiary in Kosovo. Your candidate is hired via Globalization Partners’ Kosovo PEO in accordance with local labor laws and can be onboarded in days instead of the months it typically takes. The individual is assigned to work on your team, working on your company’s behalf exactly as if he or she were your employee to fulfill your in-country requirements.
Table of Contents
Our solution enables customers to run payroll in Kosovo while HR services, tax, and compliance management matters are lifted from their shoulders onto ours. As a Global PEO expert, we manage employment contract best practices, statutory and market norm benefits, and employee expenses, as well as severance and termination if required. We also keep you apprised of changes to local employment laws in Kosovo.
Your new employee is productive sooner, has a better hiring experience and is 100% dedicated to your team. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you have a team of dedicated employment experts assisting with every hire. Globalization Partners allows you to harness the talent of the brightest people in more than 185 countries around the world, quickly and painlessly.
Hiring in Kosovo
Kosovo is located in Europe and has a population of 1.8 million. The capital city of Kosovo is Pristina which has a population of about 210,000. About 90 percent of Kosovo’s two million people are ethnic Albanians, most of whom are Muslim. The remaining 10 percent are mainly Orthodox Christian Serbs living in northern Kosovo, near the border with Serbia.
When negotiating terms of an employment contract and offer letter with an employee in Kosovo, it may be useful to keep the following in mind:
Employment Contracts in Kosovo
In Kosovo, employment contracts can be oral or written, but it is best practice to put a strong, written contract in place, in Albanian or Serbian, which spells out the terms of the employee’s compensation, benefits, and termination requirements. An offer letter and employment contract in Kosovo should always state the salary and any compensation amounts in Euros rather than a foreign currency. The employment contract template is part of the service with Globalization Partners; no need to draft a separate template if you use our employer of record and PEO service in Kosovo.
Holidays in Kosovo
- New Year’s Day
- Second Day of New Year
- Christmas Day
- Independence Day of the Republic of Kosovo
- Easter Monday
- Constitution Day of the Republic of Kosovo
- International Labour Day
- Europe Day
- Eid al Fitr
- Eid al Addha
Why Globalization Partners
Establishing a branch office or subsidiary in Kosovo to engage a small team is time-consuming, expensive and complex. Labor law in Kosovo has strong worker protections, requiring great attention to detail and an understanding of local best practices. Globalization Partners makes it painless and easy to expand into Kosovo. We can help you hire your candidate of choice, handle HR matters and payroll, and ensure that you’re in compliance with local laws, without the burden of setting up a foreign branch office or subsidiary. Our Kosovo PEO and Global Employer of Record solution provides you peace of mind so that you can focus on running your company.
If you would like to discuss how Globalization Partners can provide a seamless employee leasing or PEO solution for hiring employees in Kosovo, please contact us.